Monday, August 29, 2011

What Was Your Favourite Day of the Summer?

I've always been too afraid to bike around the city, so walking has been my trasnport medium of choice over these plus five years in the city. Once again my two great friends April and Ashley suggested decided to surprise me with "a 101 ease into Toronto biking day". We would go bike on the island where there are virtually no cars. The reward- a picnic on the beach with lots of wine and cheese. Awesome!
Only problem was that I don't own a bike. Well with the BIXI's only costing $5.00 for the day, this was a bargain of a no brainer. So with some cautious biking from the bixi post to the ferry and many head turns from Ashley and April making sure I was still behind them, we set off unto our adventure.
What followed was the result of the best day of the summer for me. Biking on the boardwalk like carefree 5 years old. At $5.oo for the bike I am going to do this more often!! Well I soon found out that you have to report the BIXI every half hour of else you get charged an additional $5.
So yes the bike cost me fifty, and the picnic left us all scratching our legs from bed bugs for days. But it was totally worth it and hands down the best summer day! Thanks guys.

NOTE: As you look at the picture above I suggest you sing the intro to THREE'S COMPANY, because that was what we were all singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment