Saturday, July 9, 2011

416 Snack Bar: Great Place! Great Concept! Just Bring a Magnifying Glass if You're Hungry!

I was lucky enough to get invited to the Open Roof Film Festival by my friend April(there was no roof by the way, haha). While were trying to kill time before the movie I suggested we stop by at the 416 Snack Bar. Its located just north on Queen and Bathurst where the old Johnny Banana Burrito Bar used to be(RIP).
As soon as we ordered the drinks, we got a chance to look at the cheaply priced food items. With items ranging from $3-$5, my stomach and wallet were ready to do a competing dance of joy. I ordered the $3 corn dog and April the $4 Bone Marrow on toast. The Bone Marrow came and April immediately looked at the menu for other options at a better value. My corn dog was delicious, but only a tad larger than my thumb. The food was delicious, but at these prices should I have expected larger portions in downtown Toronto? Truthfully, probably not. And to be completely fair, the place is called Snack Bar, not Meal Bar
Would I go back? Most definitely. Friendly staff, and a great concept. Just don't go hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment