Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Craving Gelato! But too Hot to Venture Out. What to do?


Whevnever I am craving Gelato, there is only one place that is worth the venture out and that is Dolce on College St, in the heart of Little Italy. Cold delicious treats were invented for hot summer days such as today. Sometimes, it is just too hot to make the trip. As awesome as Little Italy can be, my air conditioned apartment feels a lot more happening at the moment.





So I figured it was about time I pulled out my fancy pants Vitamix Blender that my brother was kind enough to buy me.


I looked in my fridge and all I had was half a dozen limes that didn't make it to the Canada Day Tequilla shots lineup and a handful of strawberries. Lime Strawberry Gelato? Sounds good to me!



I placed the two items in. Added some sugar and topped it off with 4 cups of ice.




With everything ready to go and with the assistance from Chef, I put the Vitamix on high for 60 seconds and watched it all mould into gelato!




Scoop it out and add some sort of attempt of garnish so the viewers can better appreciate the final product. Once this is done only one thing left to do....



Sit back and enjoy! Who needs Little Italy when you have a Vitamix? Only 80 more impromptu gelato cravings and this beautiful machine will be worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment