Friday, July 8, 2011

How to Entertain a 6 year old on a Budget In Toronto





I was super excited when I heard my cousin's two kids were coming to visit me for a few days. The youngest one, being a spunky six year old girl, had no shortage of energy. She wanted to see everything this big city had to offer and more. But everywhere I took her required admission fees, or hidden gift shops with bountiful amounts of toys that she would love for exactly five minutes after it has been purchased. What is a recent graduate of the arts' world to do on a limited budget?


Thankfully I live next to the Harbourfront. There are a lot of boats to see and who doesn't enjoy walking along the boardwalk? Even better, however, is the bridge that was built a few years ago. The Simcoe Wave Deck was created by Du Toit Architects in 2009 as part of the revitalization of the Waterfront.

This Wave Deck offered almost a full hour of free sliding and running up and down, before she felt the need to move on to something else So thank you Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment