Saturday, July 2, 2011

Time to wear my Canada Day finest!

Being from Ottawa, Canada Day is a huge annual event. This year, for the first time, I decided to have all my close friends join me and my brother to celebrate this Great Nation's Birthday. So many highlights to the day, but the one that stood at the most took place at the waterfront at Queen's Quay.




An older gentleman, in his seventies was walking by himself with his turquoise suit, which was clearly from the 1970s. Add a sailor hat and a jumbo multicolored tie and each and everyone of the 16 of us took a moment to stop and perform a double take of this happy man. This multicolored tie that could only be worn succesfully with a confident strut, made me want to go home grab my ugliest tie and do the same. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment